Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Which Direction?
What is it about New Year that makes you stop and take stock of your life? I have been doing a lot of soul searching recently and don't seem to be able to come to any kind of positive answer. At 36 soon to be 37 I feel I haven't achieved much in my life. I have three beautiful children which I absolutely love don't get me wrong but as far as career, nope not really done much with that. I got my degree in design and then got married and took it no further. I was chatting with a friend today and she said she was jealous of me because of my talent. She said all I needed to do was chose a direction to go in and take off. Sounds simple hey but here is my problem, I don't know which direction to go in! in fact I would not hesitate to say I don't think I have ever known. I love my art and craft so yes I would love to do something with that but what? Teach, I enjoy yes but full time no I am not sure. I would love to have my own shop with a little studio to do classes in but we are never in one place long enough to build up a clientele and reputation. We are back in the situation again where we are waiting for March to roll round and the RAF to decide on our domestic situation again. I seem to get these ideas in my head, start running in that direction and then get so far before I get cold feet turn round and head back to my safety zone. I just wish I was one of those people who had a clear direction of where they wanted to go and what they wanted to achieve. Anyone got the golden answer?
Boy that was heavy. Well not much else is going on at present. Spent the day catching up with things, letters to NHBC to complain about the builder, letter of complaint to the holiday company about the extra money we had to pay out because of their ineptness. I did get the kids to finish their Christmas thank yous, (still need to do mine!). I also managed to clear my desk, well put the scrap booking paper away and file the mountain in my in tray :) The weather has been really crispy and cold today, I walked the kids to and from school, managed to have a healthy diet all day and then blew it tonight when J brought out the Cadburys ooooppps!
Tomorrow is a planning day I think, I want to get the schedule drawn up for Rainbows this term and try to get as much organised now so I don't waste hours surfing for games and activities each week.
Right off to go and read my book, I have been loving this reading fest I have been on lately. Hey I even managed to get to bed and sleep by 10:30pm last night. Miracle! Night and love to all.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean, I too have wandered aimlessly career wise all my life, still dont know what to do so will continue to wander aimlessly until struck by inspiration...haha . Sarah. x