Sunday, August 24, 2008


Has it really been three months?
Wow I can't believe that it has been three months since I wrote on this blog! We have just got back from our annual jaunt up to Scotland to visit the relatives. We had a lovely time and have some fond memories of places and people visited.

Callum and Megan my niece and nephew were amazing they entertained my children a treat and are turning into really well rounded and lovely children. Megan and I had a little nail painting session were I gave her and a friend a french manicure. I got to see Megan in her prom dress for next year and she looks absolutely gorgeous. Callum looked after Euan and brought him home covered in mud on several occasion's.

They day after we arrived John took Callum and Euan off for a stadium tour at Murrayfield. I believe they all had a good time with quite a bit of damage being done at the shop afterwards! obviously it was all for Euan's new rugby season and very much needed ;)
Meanwhile I was sneaky and disappeared early Wednesday morning on a train to go and see some friends. In the evening I stayed with Eileen and Adam Watts who spoilt me like made. We had dinner with the family and then a few of the girls I miss terribly came round for a wee drink in the evening. Eileen pulled out all the stops including a delicious Choc Cake (Oh so not on the slimmers world diet!)
I got to have a hug with this little fella who I had not seen since he had not been born when we moved.
I got to spend the day with my good friend Hilary which was so much fun, I knew I had missed her but oh I had realised how much. She (or rather Euan Thank You!) treated us to lunch at the Links and I had the most divine Mozzarella and caramelised onion ciabatta (also so not on the diet). Afterwards we might have done a little bit of retail damage in St Andrews. I have started to collect Suzie Watson pottery and would like to build up a dinner service but it is so expensive, Farmore Expensive had 20% off so I stocked up on a couple of bowls! I also managed to snag a lovely red cardigan from White Stuff and a T in the sale at Fat Face. Even better for me they were both size 16 YES been a while since I was that size. I must thank Hilary's mother in law though as we were shopping she was babysitting especially Corey bless him who has chicken pox.
John picked me up on Thursday morning and we headed up to Aberfeldy to go on a highland safari. We had a fabulous time and booked it through our Tesco clubcard. I am not sure I would have payed full whack but it was definitely worth it through the clubcard system. We had a lovely driver who was very informative and good with the kids which was great. We saw lots of deer, stags, sheep and this little fella below We also looked at deer tracks which lead us to a little stream where we say tadpoles, toads and beetles. I made me stop and realise how were are always so busy getting from A to B that we don't stop and look at what is under out feet. Again we had a delicious lunch (Venison Sandwiches oooh so not on the diet :) ) and then headed up to the house of Bruar for a quick nosey about. I might have sniffed out a few more Suzie Watson pieces which was rather nice, the girls got some lovely cozy and very fluffy Joules socks to keep them warm this winter.

On Saturday and Sunday John and I headed off on our own up to Glen Coe for the weekend to celebrate our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We stopped in to see Gus and Kirsty who don't seem to have changed at all in years. Their children however have, Lindsey is now a beautiful teenager who was a delight to meet and David is 17 now, when did that happen. After that we headed up on the hills and yes the above picture is me doing a victory dance on top of the Pap of Glencoe, a 742 metre high hill that seemed to pretty much just go straight up! there might have been sweat and a few swear words but thankfully no tears. It did take me a lot longer than the book predicted to get up and down but I did it. I have told John I am choosing the anniversary jaunt next year and something about New York and Fabric along with Scrapbook shopping might feature high on the agenda!
This is a picture of the Pap of Glencoe from our hotel room, taken after a wonderful power shower and before another lovely meal.
Monday was spent at the Glasgow Science Museum where we watched a film at the Imax theatre and then had some fun with the exhibits. We also went up the tower but Maddie was rather happy to get down from there.

The last few months have been busy as I have been working three jobs to help the old coffers as well as the usual round of kids and house jobs. John has had a month off before he starts staff college in a weeks time. The kids have had good summer holidays so far, Tom the son of my parents neighbour gave them some intensive swim lessons and it was wonderful to see them come on, I just need to keep taking them now.

I have just stumbled over folksy.com which seems like it is the UK version of Etsy. I was intrigued until I found an almost blatant copy of my fish pillow case that I did for Hilary. I have heard of other people who have been copied but never really experienced except in my fabric design days but this certainly hit me between the eyes. I now a lot of people see my work at my friends houses and have said to my friends oh I looked on your friends blog and I thought I might do something similar but never have I seen a direct copy before. We all look at other peoples work and use it to influence our style and direction but hopefully most are tactful enough to take it in a different direction and not blatantly copy. Ah well enough on my soap box for now. I have been busy creating but not for sale only for commissions. I hope to get back in the saddle once the kids go back to school.

Right husband and children are hungry so I am off to see if I can duplicate that lovely ciabatta I had at the links.

Love to all Hx

No comments: