Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A new haircut has inspired me to blog, no only joking just thought it really was time to get back on the blog!


Boy it has been a long time since I updated. Lots has happened while I have been away. Firstly we have finally heard that we are on the move! we are heading off to the Falkland Islands in January 2010 for 18 months. Many might be surprised to hear that I am really excited about this move. The kids and I went down to the Falklands when J was there for four months a few years ago and we loved it, yes it is remote, yes there is not much down there and yes it is a very long way from home but we are really looking forward to the family time it will bring us. I will have to adjust to J being home every night and possibly every lunch time :) but the chances to see wildlife and step away from the hussle and bussle of life will be super.


A photo for Hilary to show her my letters that I have in my hall, Hilary something like this even just with initials on your wall would look good. These are about 15 inches high and are all old shop letters except the S which I made myself.

Right what else have I been up to. Well lots of scrapbooking, quite a few orders, gardening, caring for my 95 year old Gran and a few other bits and pieces. My Mum broke her ankle while she was on holiday in Turkey unfortunately, but is making a good recovery. In the meantime I have stepped into the breach and have been doing the shopping and cleaning for my gran. We have had some fun taking her out for day trips with the kids. It has been a good opportunity for me to get to know her better since I think time is very precious at the moment.


A few layouts to show from last month.




My boy has just turned 9, I cannot believe it. He had a lovely party in the local Forest School. He had fun learning how to make shelters, build fires and track. As usual there was the cake request from said birthday child. I swear these get harder every year. This year Euan wanted a clone Troopers helmet and the language which came out of the kitchen was rather colourful by the end! The next morning I asked Euan if he liked it and he said he did, I checked it out and found he had already been sampling it around the bottom! Ah well I guess he was the birthday boy!

Right I had better skidaddle and go and pick up my children from school. Tesco awaits and then Brownies tonight. J is lucky enough to be in Washington this week, working he says - yeah right I say. It was good timing because my engine on the scenic gave way last week and is rather poorly in the garage at the moment. I have been told to expect a £1,000 bill so we shall see. It only needed to hold on a few more months and we could get our tax free car ahhhhhh!

No comments: