Monday, July 13, 2009

I cannot believe that my little one is 6 years old now! I know every one seems to say the same thing but wow time has flown by. She is definitely my cheeky monkey, always quick with a smile and a hug.
She had her birthday party at Build a Bear this year with 10 of her little friends and it was a massive hit. They each got to choose, make, name and dress their own bears. It was the first time mine have ever done this and they loved it. They got to choose a sound, and a heart to put inside their bears before they were stuffed. I managed to keep them all to a strict budget so they had to choose whether they had a more expensive bear with only a sound or a cheaper bear with a sound and clothes. It worked out really well and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with smaller kids.


This years cake was of my choosing, I wanted to stay along the teddy theme but also keep it simple. I have to say (not blowing my own trumpet) but it was really effective. I got the idea out of a cake decorating book and just altered it to suit our pink and polka dot theme. Each child got to take home their own individual cake in a party bag that just had a little box stuffed full of gummy bears. Since they had their own bears to go home with I thought that was more than enough.

The Thank yous came from a close up photo of the cake with a little bit of a tweaking in photo shop. I am currently in the middle of a course with Jessica Spraque which I cannot rave about enough. I am slowly learning about all those techniques I have seen on others blogs and silently craved to know myself.

Maddie's actual birthday was today, so we had a quiet family tea and have promised to take her out on a birthday trip to see ice age three on Thursday. She has been thoroughly spoilt and her room is full of even more Littlest pet shop and Build a Bear clothes!



I have also been learning about masks, frames and TTV files this week so watch this space for a few more glitzy photos as I slowly attempt to take on board all this new technology.

Saturday night saw John and I head to Shrivenham for the Purple Ball. We had a lovely time but unfortunately I made the fatal mistake of eating a curry and then going on the waltzers. Ah! I did manage to keep things down but boy did I feel mighty rough for the next hour or so :(
John obviously didn't laugh much as I was screaming my head off on the ride. I think at one stage I sounded like Maddie on Big Thunder Mountain at Disney - I do not like this ride, I want to get off. Thankfully the dodgems were more tame but that was the end of my fairground activities for one night.

Sunday saw us head to the village green for the annual Strawberry Fayre. Other than that we have just been ploughing on with life and trying not to fall of the fast paced treadmill.




No comments: